Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Back To Practice

Quick update on my visit to the cardiologist. Stress test is fine except that my base BP is on borderline hypertensive. Medication is recommended, although he did say it's not needed now - but early treatment is preferred to late. However, my doctor wanted to monitor the BP a few more times before I take the plunge to medication. Apparently, she felt the cardiologist tend to take the more aggressive stance, while she is the conservative one. So, I guess I'm still in a limbo.

Life continues and I'm back into my yoga practice. My first couple of practices were careful and slow. I'm pleased and pleasantly surprised that I haven't lost too much flexibility; and with each additional practice I'm reaching my pre-injured state. Stamina, though, has taken a hit. Vinyasas felt heavy!! But so nice to be back with the practice - the breaths, the movements, the sweat (it's been super hot in KL these few weeks) and the final releasing of everything at savasana!

Final test of my getting back in action later tonight. Have futsal this evening. Am so inspired - anyone saw Man Utd's third goal in the 2nd leg of the Champion's League semifinal? Counter attack to the perfection!!

No comments: