Thursday, March 19, 2009

Led Primary

Made it to the Friday morning class as I took leave from work today. Class started with ujjayi breathing while in a forward bend. "Focus on the ujjayi breaths. Use it to block out the noise outside. Along the way, you may pick up some sensations with the breath..." our teacher was saying, with tongue in cheek, as just then the garbage truck was making some ruckus outside the studio. Ya, ha ha, good one.

After the truck passed, led class started. Class was nice, the early awareness of the breaths was helpful to the practice. I find I'm getting my head to the mat at Prasarita Padottanasana A quite consistently during my practice now. My legs are quite wide apart, though. I'm still not able to put my head down in B, but I can now feel my hair touching the mat. That said, my last haircut was a month ago. I think I'll start moving my feet in after I can get my head on the mat in A. B, C and D and come up on my own. I have once got my head down in B, but my legs were bent and I found I could not get up without the use of my hands.

Great to have practiced in a class. Now off to Port Dickson for the weekend!

No comments: