Friday, March 13, 2009

Road Rage

A car jumped queue and cut in front of me. All of a sudden, I felt this uncontrollable anger growing inside me. The lane cleared and I can feel myself pressing the pedal a little too harshly than I should. I had to literally hold myself back. Then, what do you know - I noticed the offending car stuck in a slow lane. As my car passed his, our eyes met and I'm so tempted to show him the finger. I took some long ujayi breaths - it worked long enough for me to pass his car without showing him the finger, but really, not enough to dissipate the rage inside.

Made it to class early today. I was the second one there. But the first student is staying out of the shala as Manoj (our teacher) was in the front of the studio, sitting absolutely still and meditating. It was the first time I see him meditating in class. I lay out my mat silently and also sat silently, just enjoying the stillness. At once, I feel the rage leaving me - the energy was so good. I wonder, though - did my negative energy sap his positive energy?

Class was great. I've done some self practice early this week. It felt so energising practising with other people. Their energy just seem to add a bit more energy to my practice. After class, I find myself wondering whether to incorporate sitting still and do some sort of meditation as part of my practice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post and just so very nice description of your special morning. Please keep posting.

M_in_M said...

Thanks for reading and commenting!